The Differences Between Hydro Jetting and Snaking
If you’ve been having issues with your home’s main sewer line which has been causing your drains to back up and overflow, then you need to start thinking about the options available to you when it comes to efficient clog removal services.
If a plunger just isn’t cutting it anymore, and you know that there is a clog located within your sewer line which needs to be removed, then you have two options: using a plumber’s snake, or calling for a professional technique called hydro jetting. Both of these options have their benefits and drawbacks, and today we’ll discuss them in detail:
Getting Started With a Plumber’s Snake
A plumber’s snake is the middle step between using a plunger to remove a clog, and having a plumbing professional use hydro jetting on your main sewer line. Plumber’s snakes look like long tubes with a wire inside, a hand crank on one end, and a coil on another.
Some benefits of using a plumber’s snake are:
- Cheap: Plumber’s snakes are a cost-effective option
- Gentle cleaning: The snake is gentle on your pipes and won’t damage them.
- Can solve your issue quickly: Plumber’s snakes can remove most small clogs easily.
Some drawbacks include:
- Limited range: The snake can only remove as much as the coil can reach, meaning if the snake is too small for your pipes it may leave some clogs intact.
- Can’t break through tree roots: Most tree roots are too thick to be broken apart during this process.
When Should You Use a Plumber’s Snake?
Using a plumbing snake should be the next step after a plunger fails you, and is essential if your main sewer line is comprised of older pipes, which may not be able to stand up to the water pressure used during hydro jetting.
Hydro jetting: A Professional Solution
Hydro Jetting is a technique which is employed by plumbers to remove stubborn, caked-on clogs located within your main sewer line. The process involves spraying highly pressurized water into your pipes, using the pressure to scrape away hardened grease, oil, and other types of buildup.
Some benefits of hydro jetting include:
- Fast results: Hydro jetting works quickly and is an efficient way to remove clogs.
- Removes all build up: The water pressure can leave your pipes sparkling like new.
- Perfect for tree roots: Hydro jetting can quickly remove tree roots from inside your pipes.
- Versatile use: Perfect for residential, or commercial properties.
Some of the drawbacks of this process include:
- Costs: Hydro jetting, which is a professional technique, can be more costly that other clog removal services.
- Not suitable for older pipes: Old pipes may be damaged as a result of the water pressure, so hydro jetting may not be an option.
Trust a Professional
Hydro jetting requires specialized tools and training to perform safely and efficiently, and it’s important to trust a qualified plumbing expert for your hydro jetting needs, or you may be putting your pipes at risk.
Depend on a team of qualified experts for all your plumbing needs and contact Fix It Fast Plumbing in Los Angeles, CA at (888)-465-7012 today.